A UGC sponsored National Seminar on the topic – “The Role of Biology in bringing Second Green Revolution” is being organised by the Department of Botany, M.S. College, Saharanpur on coming 11th and 12th Oct 2015 at the Seminar Hall, M.S. College. The Organising Secretary Dr. Vijay Malik informed that Registration forms have been sent to various institutions and papers may be submitted / presented on the following themes:
- Role of Biotechnology and Nano-technology in revolutionising agriculture and food industry.
- Means of enhanced productivity by employing high-yielding variety of crop plants.
- Pest and disease control.
- Soil Chemistry.
- Conventional manures and recent thoughts.
- Water Management / water scarcity / water security.
- Due stress on forestry and ecological balance.
- Conservation of plants and animals.
- Agricultural management.
- Human Health
- Bio-diesel and alternate energy sources.
- Generating gainful self-employment
- Government policies and recent initiatives.
- Climate change and food security.
- Food and nutrition security.
- Stem Cell therapy
- Science education in rural areas.
The invited lectures and full-length papers presented will be published well in time in the form of proceedings. Hence, scientists are requested to submit abstracts alongwith full length papers in A4 size and soft copy. Press ready abstract in duplicate in not more than 200 words along with full length papers and soft copy should be submitted by Oct. 05, 2015 at the following email id’s.
Delegates will be accommodated in hotels on payment basis. Hotel Clark International, Janakpuri Chowk, Dehradun Road, Saharanpur (Phone 0132-2661403) / Hotel Maharani, Clock Tower, Saharanpur (0132-22730498), or Hotel Suryalok, Railway Road, Nr. Clock Tower, Saharanpur (0132-27240147).
Delegates – Rs. 800/-
PG Students & Research Scholars – Rs. 600/-
For more information and Registration form, please go through this brochure: